Sunday, October 22, 2017

Trick PC into having a physical and virtual DVD Drive

At school, I've got a server running to which I can make a VPN. Now, I need to set up a few VM's with all having a need for a different OS.


I can't physically go to school to change a boot DVD, so I need a way to trick that server into thinking it has two DVD drives plugged into it. One is a physical one, the other (preferably) a mounted ISO file, so I can use both as boot DVD for the different VM's. (Say Ubuntu Server for some ones and Windows 7 for others).


Is there any way of doing this?


Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...