Saturday, October 14, 2017

windows 7 - Why can I wake-on-lan the computer from sleep but not from shutdown?

On my Shuttle SZ77R5, running Windows 7x64, I have enabled wol in the bios and on the network card in Device Manager. I am trying to wol (wake-on-lan) the computer from another Windows7x64 machine.


I've tried Matcode's wol application, Depicus's wolcmd, and a few others, and they will wake up the computer if it is asleep but not if it has been shutdown using the software shutdown command.


My question is why I can't wol a computer that is shut down (except with Softperfect Network Scanner)?


I've read this thread to no avail about wol.
I've read a bunch of guides on how to do this, and am positive I've got all the settings correct. Here are some links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...