Monday, October 23, 2017

Can I transfer a Windows 7 license to another computer?






I was thinking of buying Windows 7 Ultimate to be installed on an old computer. In due time, I will be giving this old computer away.


The question is:



  • Will I have trouble transferring the Windows 7 Ultimate license to another PC?

  • If yes, do I need to watch out for any issues?

  • What exactly is Microsoft's stance/policies towards license transfers?

  • How many times can I transfer before it becomes illegal?


Answer



If you are purchasing a "retail copy" from a shop, you should not have any problems transferring it to another computer.


If you do run into a problem activating (which occasionally does happen) simply calling the Microsoft activation line (number given during the activation wizard) will allow you to activate it with a special code that you type in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...