Friday, October 13, 2017

How can I edit a partition on a drive to be a boot partition?



I have recently installed an SSD into my PC which I want to move my main OS and programs over to. I want to be able to boot from this SSD. I have used a program called EaseUS to clone my old HDD onto the new SSD but I cannot boot from it as the partition on the SSD is not a boot partition.




Is there any way I can turn this partition into a boot partition or maybe create a new partition as a boot partition? I have no problems with re-cloning my drive afterwards if needs be.


Answer



You probably only cloned the C partition and not the hidden 100MB boot partition. The easiest would be to copy the bootmgr to C and then clone the C partition again. Here is my tutorial on how to copy the bootmgr to C.



http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-bootmgr-move-c-easybcd.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...