Friday, March 24, 2017

windows xp - Manual disk 'mirroring'


I have a situation that I have to manually sync one disk to the other and keep the copy as fresh as possible. Any (possibly free) software for it?


OS: Windows XP x86


Answer



If you have WinXP Pro, you could keep the two disks in a RAID 1 array so they are automatically mirrored on a filesystem level.


Edit:


XXCLONE appears to be a simple filesystem cloner that doesn't need to work on a disk I/O level (like by booting a live CD). It seems to be free for whole-disk backups, but has the functionality for faster incremental backups if you pay for the Pro version.


DriveImage XML might be another option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...