Friday, March 17, 2017

Windows 10 Update error 0x8024402f

Error message: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024402f)



  1. It is a fresh install (the very first operation after first login was a Update and it failed)


  2. Microsoft Tech Support had remote access to my machine and tried everything (including Windows Update Troubleshooting and other tools). They reinstalled Windows and the problem persisted (then, I erased the HD with diskpart --> clean and reinstalled Windows from scratch, using a new MSDN ISO download)


  3. I've manually installed the january 2017 cumulative patch (KB3213986) and installed (actual version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.693))


  4. Tried every alternative (as delete the SoftwareDistribution folder, running some .bat with re-registration of some DLLs with regsvr32, winsocks reset, etc.)


  5. There are no virus (already tested with Clam Anti Virus Portable, just to be sure)


  6. No firewalls whatsoever (my machine is set to DMZ on internet router). Everything works just fine, except Windows Update.


  7. Time and date are correct, using Microsoft's NTP server


  8. I'm using Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 e 8.8.4.4), with or without them, same error


  9. I was a Windows Insider, but not anymore



I don't know what else I can do (except to wait for a Visual Studio for Linux and throw Windows in the trash) =\


Can anyone help me? =(


UPDATE: I've plugged in an old Wireless USB Adapter and, using Tethering on an Android with my 4G data, the update works normally.


So, the real question is: what is wrong with my normal internet connection that is preventing me from updating? What can I complain about with my ISP?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...