Sunday, March 19, 2017

router - How to route HTTP traffic in wireless network through a proxy?

For security reasons, I'd like to route all wifi traffic in my home network through one computer acting as an HTTP proxy. I'm thinking something like:




  • Connect my ISP's cable modem to a wired router (A)


  • Connect my wireless router to router A

  • Connect the computer that will be the HTTP proxy to router A

  • Specify the IP address of the HTTP proxy in the wireless router



Thus wifi traffic should go through the proxy.



My questions: Does this smell right, and is it possible to specify an HTTP proxy in a router's settings, like DD-WRT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...