Wednesday, March 22, 2017

No security updates for .NET 3.5 in Windows 10?


In Windows 10 Pro (November 2014 build) I enabled .NET 3.5 via Windows Features:


enter image description here


Windows downloaded and installed the required components.


I then initiated a Windows Update but, unexpectedly, no updates were found for .NET 3.5. Weird, because in Windows 8.x you get a whole bunch of .NET 3.5 security updates.


Can anyone confirm which of the following is true:



  1. In Windows 10, when you enable .NET 3.5, the components downloaded are already up-to-date and do not require further security updates.


  2. Windows 10 has royally screwed something up again and is not picking up on security updates that it should be.



Answer



The latest security update I can find is from 2014 - before the mainstream release of Windows 10. As such, I'd expect all these are bundled in, and should another release you'll receive it via Windows update.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...