Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Windows 8 App Store Updates not working

I have recently upgraded a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8 using the upgrade assistant (keeping my apps and settings). It shows that 15 apps have updates in the store, but when I try to install them, the download progress never gets past 0% (they just sit there saying downloading). The same happens when I try to install a new application, it goes to downloading and never gets there. I have internet access, so that is not the problem.


Things I have tried so far after following every search result I could find on the topic:



  • turned my account into a local account and back into a Microsoft account

  • installed all windows updates

  • ran wsreset.exe a few times

  • rebooted several times


There are also a few other accounts on the computer (children's accounts), and they have the same issue - can't download new apps or update existing ones.


Any suggestions of what else I can try to resolve this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...