Thursday, March 23, 2017

Activating windows 10 with previous windows activation

I have hp omni 10 tablet which came with windows 8.1. I want to clean install windows 10 and want it activated with windows 8.1 license.


I followed this article http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/


According to that article i have to first use Microsoft upgrade offer which i did and make sure my windows 10 is activated and it will store my hardware information for activation next time. Then i have to make sure my system is uefi mode and clean install windows without key.. then Microsoft will automatically activate my windows 10 with hardware.


I followed all the steps but my windows is not activated.
It doesn't activate on activating and when i force to activate it with slmgr.vbs /ato it says product key has been blocked


I have not inserted any product key and the product key that is installed it is not my windows 8.1 product key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...