Thursday, March 16, 2017

partitioning - How to un-partition a drive on windows 7

I bought this laptop used from a friend. The laptop has 500gb of storage; however, the drive is partioned. The C: drive has an allocated space of 50gb whereas the D: (TEMP_PART01) partition has 396gb allocated to it. How do i either take some of the space from the D: partition and move it to the C: drive, or get rid of that partition?


I've done some searching and people say I'm supposed to be able to use "Disc Management" to "delete volume," but when i right click on the partition the "delete volume" is not enabled. Here is a picture:


Dist Management

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...