Thursday, March 16, 2017

windows vista - Firefox, Thunderbird, Safari - hangs up on start

I have a strange problem on Windows Vista (Automatic updates).



Long time ago I had installed Firefox, Thunderbird, Safari and Opera and they all worked well.



Once upon a time, after Windows restart, Firefox, Thunderbird and Safari won't start. [Opera (USB) works fine].



When I start the browser, program name is listed on the processes list, but it is not activated, doesn't show any window.




I tried crating new profiles with -ProfileManager, restarting Windows, reinstalling the browsers. I scanned the system for suspected programs and it looks clean. There is 45GB of free HDD space.



WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...