Wednesday, March 22, 2017

format - Formatting old SSD after cloning to new

I want to delete everything from my older SATA SSD, after I cloned it to a new NVMe. Can You please tell me, what is the easiest and quickest way to do it? I am concerned about the (LNK) "folders" on Windows 7 of the old drive, because they are linked to the folders of the live system.


Instead of that might I be able to format the old drive from the live system, or if I chose to boot up from some boot CD, can I format my old drive without losing something from the NVMe? Or to be 100% safe, shall I put the SATA SSD to a laptop, and with a boot CD shall I format the drive there?


Thank you for the answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...