Thursday, March 16, 2017

power - Combining multiple cables to increase current? (laptop charger)

I'm looking to use a simple USB power bank as a portable charger for my laptop (just to get a little extra boost if the battery starts running low at an inopportune time).



My plan is to use something like this (http://amzn.com/B00LRK8JDC), which has two USB type A ports, and I can draw up to 2.4 amps from each simultaneously. If I splice together two USB cables to make one that is a Y with a USB-C PD plug on one end (my laptop can charge through its USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port) and two USB type A ports on the other, would it work? The output would be 4.8A at 5V, right?




Rough MS Paint Diagram:
enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...