Friday, March 31, 2017

Hard drive seems to not exist when trying to clone

I want to copy my entire C drive, including Windows 7, to a new drive I bought* but the new one cannot be found.


I've tried both Clonezilla and Easeus Disk Copy but neither program recognizes the new disk. However, Windows 7 does recognize the new disk.


Using the Ubuntu live CD running fdisk -l reveals only 1 hard drive, sda.


The new one is nowhere to be found.


Any ideas?


*Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...