Thursday, March 16, 2017

Couldn't finish my windows update?



I am having Dell Inspiron N-5010 Laptop 64-bit architecture, and I have installed windows 10 Version 10586 32-bit side-by Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit.
I want to upgrade windows 10 version 10586 to version 14393. Every time if i check for updates from settings, it starts to downloads the updates and ask to restart after downloading finished and after restarting no changes had happened. I have checked with my desktop which is having the same windows version (without ubuntu) for the same updates and there is no issue with it. So I used "Windows 10 Update Assistant".



But it didn't help me, So how to solve this issue?



and i have seen this ".esd" file in the time of the updating progress in one of the local disk. Do i have to use that file in any of the way?


Answer




Try to Upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607), get the 1607 ISO from Microsoft, mount the ISO via double click on it, run the setup.exe on the virtual DVD drive, now select Upgrade



enter image description here



and next select Keep personal files and apps



enter image description here



This upgrades Windows 10 to the Version 1607 and keeps all installed Windows Applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...