Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Recommended Software for Netbook (Windows 7)


Which software is recommended for netbooks?


On my "normal" Windows machine (actually a VM) I use Visual Studio 2008, Delphi 2010 (beginning), Office 2008, and Delphi Prism 2010. But all those seem very heavy for a 1 GB netbook.


Can anyone recommend


a) a programming language/IDE that's really usable on a netbook (in case I travel with it and need some way to write a program or am simply bored (maybe this is a good excuse to learn Ruby)


b) a light-weight word processor/spreadsheet


for my little netbook (Atom N270, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB, 160 GB, Windows 7)?


I can buy software. It doesn't have to be freeware or open source.


Any other recommended software that makes a lot of sense on a 10" netbook?


I am thinking REALbasic might be light-weight enough. I have REALbasic. But I like any excuse to try something new.


Answer



Best lightweight IDE/Text Editor @ Stack Overflow.
Useful software for netbook? @ .


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...