Wednesday, March 15, 2017

powershell - XCopy script where "name contains" value from external list

Very similar to this issue.


I have a DFS with subfolders I need to selectively copy. The folders have names that contain reference numbers from a list I have, but they are not an exact match. (e.g. List might have X0123432 as an entry, but the folder is named X0123432_Description_Timestamp)


I want to copy all relevant subfolders from my DFS where "name contains" the numbers I'm referencing on a separate list (txt or csv or whatever). Working in a Windows environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...