Wednesday, March 22, 2017

display - Log Short Burst CPU Usage History Per Process in Windows


Brief:


I want to measure CPU usage of lossless audio compression in Windows. So, I create a batch file to run few codec and want to measure CPU usage of codec from launch until terminated, respectively. The codec run in short burst.


What I need:



  • CPU process log/ history per process per unit of time.


  • CPU process log/ history that can be exported to csv or similar.


  • Not losing any single piece of burst time.



What I have tried:



  • performance monitor = not applicable since perfmon only shows the process, not the program.


  • sysinternal process monitor = great! but, it can't export CPU usage. it has very nice graph in process activity summary, but I have to plot my self.


  • typeperf = nice, filtering process by name. but still too slow.



Thank you.


temporary solved by using typeperf:


typeperf "\Process(MAC)\% Processor Time"

Still figuring out to export to csv and set interval sampling.


sysinternal process monitor by using graph tooltip to get CPU level.


Answer



sysinternal process monitor by using graph tooltip to get CPU level.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...