Wednesday, March 22, 2017

linux - How to improve the HTML formatting in Evolution mail client

I have a question about viewing HTML emails in the Evolution mail client. Basically, I am receiving some emails that look lovely in Thunderbird but not in Evolution because the HTML rendering of Evolution isn't as advanced.


Here is a screenshot of the difference:


enter image description here


Does anyone know how to improve the HTML rendering of Evolution? e.g. a plugin, tip, code patch, etc...


The closest I've got is to right-click the email, "Save As...", save as a html file, then open in Firefox. Not exactly streamline!


What emails can't it display well? We use the subversion revision control system which is set up to send an email whenever someone commits via svnnotify all nicely coloured via the --handler HTML::ColorDiff -d parameter. When Evolution fails to use the colours, I find it very hard to read the raw diff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...