Friday, June 21, 2019

windows xp - Blue Screen of Death when accessing a mapped network drive



I'm facing a hard time solving a BSOD which happens whenever I access a mapped network drive. It only happens when I access a particular folder in this drive.



The error code is:




BAD_POOL_HEADER
STOP : 0x00000019(0x00000020, 0x88EE2E28, 0x88EE2ED8, 0x0A160001)


Is there any way to fix this besides formatting my hard drive? I have tried updating my drivers and performing a registry clean but it hasn't helped.


Answer



Firstly, try booting your computer in to "safe mode with networking", if you don't get it, it was down to third party software/drivers which you will have to examine/uninstall.



If you still get it, I would say this is most likely a network driver. You said you have updated them, I would say this is also bad and to try another version, or an alternate card. It could also be actual hardware damage to the network controller.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...