Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Set an Excel cell's color based on multiple other cells' colors

I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet for a list of products and a bunch of factors to rate each one on, and I'm using Conditional Formatting to set the color of the cells in the individual attribute columns. It looks something like this:


enter image description here


I want to fill in the rating column for each item with a color, based on the color ratings of its individual attributes. Examples of ways to determine this:



  • the color of the category in which the item scored worst

  • the statistical mode of the category colors

  • the average of the category ratings, where each color is assigned a numerical value


How can I implement any or all of the above rules? (I'm really just asking for a quick overview of the relevant Excel feature; I don't need step-by-step instructions for each rule.)


EDIT:
Sample current rules:


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...