Tuesday, June 18, 2019

laptop - Dell Latitude D-series - battery LED blinks orange 3 times

My Dell Latitude D530 battery LED blinks orange 3 times, then turns green for a while and then again - blinks orange 3 times... over and over. What does it mean?


I found this advice on the dell.com, which says: "Flashing orange — The battery charge is low". This doesn't make much sense though, because my laptop is plugged in (charged using a power cable connected to 230V socket).




PS: How it happened: I experimented with external battery and probably did a shortcut accidentally on the external battery. The ext. battery completely discharged and the laptop turned off. Then I unplugged the external battery's power cable, plugged the 230V socket power charging cable and turned on the computer. Then the blinking started and it's still going on even after like 10 minutes. The computer seems to work normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...