Monday, June 10, 2019

windows - How to delete a folder from external drives if names are too long (like System Volume Information/content...)?



I'm coming from:



How to delete “System Volume Information” folder from external drives?



but unlikely that answer couldn't solve my problem.
I've a copy of an old "system volume information" in my additional drive (not the WINDOWS HDD).




I tried to remove it with cmd as administrador, rmdir, doing takeown and other solutions but I couldn't. The content/names of the files are too long so it gives an error (Yes, I tried with short names but they also can't work)



Any suggestion to avoid this issue without downloading/using a big distribution of linux?



UPDATE 1:



This is how it looks after /rd command



enter image description here




By the way, "El nombre del archivo es demasiado largo" means "The filename is too long"



UPDATE 2:



System Restore disabled from the HDD with the issue
enter image description here


Answer



Simply download a small Linux distro like Damn Small Linux or ttylinux, create a LiveUSB using UNetbootin, boot using the same and get rid of the folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...