Wednesday, June 19, 2019

windows - Command Prompt being Illogical? Want to add numbers using Rename

My camera only numbers photos using 4 digits, but I am now well into the 5 digit realm. So for thousands of photos, I would like to add a fifth digit. E.g. rename IMG_2450 to IMG_12450.


I did this before about a year ago using Command Prompt, but I'm having trouble replicating those results today.


I tried: ren IMG_.jpg IMG_1.jpg
and variations like: ren IMG_????.jpg IMG_1????.jpg


But what ends up happening is that instead of adding the number 1, command prompt ends up replacing the first character of the existing string of numbers.


So, IMG_2450 becomes IMG_1450 rather than IMG_12450.


What am I doing wrong here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...