Friday, June 21, 2019

memory - Will these RAM work together?


I'm planning on upgrading my PC's RAM. My current RAM is a Kingston 8GB DDR3 stick. Further specifications are in the images here: http://imgur.com/a/ff7yg


Anyway, I'm planning on buying a Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz stick as my second RAM stick; http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX316C10FB_8.pdf


Will both of these RAM work together in dual-channel mode just fine?


Thanks in advance.


Answer



I would buy the exact same stick that you already have again to be 100% sure that it will work.



Well RAM is sold in kits for a reason. Some motherboards react very
sensitive to this and that is also the reason why the vendors do not
support RAM that is not bought in one kit.


Altough, I think the problem with newer intel chipsets is less. But I
would choose the safer path by buying RAM in one kit instead of loose
sticks. You can try to put in that 8GB HyperX but the ram should have
the same voltage, speed and cas numbers.



However some things changed. The 3 most critical things that should match are Timings, CAS latency and Voltage. If you have 2 ram of different speeds they will adjust to the ram at the lowest speed. I personally would't risk it and buy 1 of the exact same RAM that you already have.


source


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...