Tuesday, June 11, 2019

windows - Can't get permissions to edit file

I have a problem saving a config file in the Program Files folder. I am getting an "Access to the path ... is denied" fault.


I am member of the Administrators group.
The Administrators group has "Full control" on the folder containing the config file and the "Program Files" folder.
The User Account Control (UAC) is set to "Never notify".


Windows 8 is installed.


I can make changes to file in when I run notepad as administrator. But that's not really an option to edit every file in the Program Files folder as administrator.


Can anyone please help me out here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...