Sunday, June 9, 2019

windows - Why is wpffontcache_v0400.exe hogging the CPU?


In the last few days I've noticed really poor performance on a virtual machine I'm using at work. It's running Windows Server 2003 SP 2. When I check Task Manager, the process wpffontcache_v0400.exe is consuming almost all of the CPU.


What is wpffontcache_v0400.exe and how can I get it to not consume all of the CPU?


When I kill the process it starts up again straight away. Sometimes it resumes to normal CPU usage, other times it just jumps back to 100% usage no how many times I kill it.


Answer



Clearing the font cache as described here by Jordan and here by Cody seems to do the trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...