Wednesday, June 19, 2019

windows 7 - command for restart system properly making it ask for save/close open applications

I'm trying to edit a notepad's .txt on the desktop, and then restart


Normally, when I press the restart button from the start menu, it allows me to save the .txt file


save notapad txt


And then it shows a screen asking if I want to force applications to close


proper shutdown


This is absolutely NORMAL..


But when I use command line or batch files, it does not allow me to close/save applications, and there is no force screen... It restarts the system without saving files...


I'm trying to use these commands with no success:


shutdown /r


and


shutdown /r /t 10 /c "this is a comment"


Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...