Sunday, June 23, 2019

Installed Linux Mint (debian) "Reboot and Select proper Boot device..."


"Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key "





This is what I get, once I installed Linux Mint from a Live USB pendrive. On this machine GigaByte BXBT-2807 [ http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-Celeron-Barebones-GB-BXBT-2807/dp/B00KR0QHXW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 ]



I tried (F12) (keyboard works fine)and I got:




UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell



UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell [yes, twice]




KINGSTONDataTraveller 3.01.00 [my usb pendrive]



PO: HGST HCC4545421AZ45



Enter Setup




Then :





  • I tried to boot from the USB pendrive,

  • I tried to boot from the default UEFI,
    brief I tried the 4 options (UEFI, HDD and USB live CD), I get the same message. I tried a second UEFI and I Get Shell>terminal-like.


  • I tried to remove/reinsert the disky battery to reset BIOS (?), no success.




Now I cannot reinstall Linux nor boot from anywhere.



What should I do ?




Thanks --

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...