Saturday, June 8, 2019

How to recover lost Microsoft Office 2013 Product Key after Windows 10 Reset PC

Although the Windows Lost Product Key question has been asked before, this is slightly different.
I did 'Reset this PC' from Windows 10 Recovery without taking a backup of the system or files. All my files were safe but the Licensed Microsoft Office 2013 was removed. I have unfortunately misplaced the MS Office 2013 Student and Home product box. I have also checked with Windows Helpdesk if any of my emails are associated with the MS Office and the Microsoft Account; sadly, none are.


I read that that the 'Reset' cleans the registry and removes the apps. I am thinking of two ways to try and find the key



  1. Use all the Free Key finders around then buy a paid one if they don't work

  2. Use Recuva or a similar tool to try and recover the deleted old Windows Registry files


Has anyone faced a similar issue or can you think of an alternate way to try and get the Key?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...