Monday, June 10, 2019

hardware failure - PC shuts off just by touching the usb port with an external drive, won't turn on anymore with weird tick noises

So the computer was running fine until I decided to plugin a external drive via the usb. I didn't even get to insert it, as soon as the usb touched the usb port, the computer shut off and there was a weird loud crackling noise from the Power supply unit. I unplugged everything and back in, the loud crackling is back.




When I press power button, the computer momentarily starts then immediately shuts off. I press it again and same thing. with the regular loud tick sounds every 2 seconds.



how to fix this and what has happened or happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...