Tuesday, June 11, 2019

printing - Text boxes in Word 2010 do not print to actual size




In Word 2010, I'm trying to make text boxes that are an exact size when printed. However, when I print them, they come out smaller than that specified size.



For example, if I make a text box that is 4.25" x 5.88" (4-1/4" x 5-7/8"), it ends up being 4" x 5-1/2" when printed.



enter image description here



If I check the print settings, scaling is not enabled.



enter image description here




I've tried this on an HP inkjet and Konica Minolta MFC, so it's not printer or brand specific. I've also tried on different computers, which offered no change in results.


Answer



The issue ending up being the paper size. The template was from a European website where they use A4 paper (8.27" x 11.69"), which is slightly different size than US letter size (8.5" x 11") paper.



Switching the paper size to 8.5" x 11" allowed everything to print at the correct size.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...