Sunday, June 30, 2019

windows 7 - how to make a bootable partition on an external hard drive? or solve my dynamic disk woes

I have a 250 gig external hard drive and I need to make a small partition on it and run Ubuntu live from it to recover files from a corrupt hard drive that Windows can no longer read. I want to make sure that I can use the rest of the external hard drive to store the recovered files on while im in Ubuntu. using Windows7 how do I go about doing that?


as a side note, the reason my hard drive is corrupt is because something happened(sudden power outage, apparently) to it and now Windows can no longer read it as a dynamic disk and therefore I need to convert it back to a basic disk before I can use it again. but I cant do that without losing 160+ gigs of files first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...