Saturday, June 29, 2019

windows - Why does it seem like 40GB of deleted files on my SSD are still taking up space a month later?

So about a month ago, I deleted about 40GBs worth of files to my recycle bin and then emptied recycle bin. My system is running on a SSD and it’s 220GB in size.


Today, I had to resort to downloading a data recovery software due to my stupidity. I noticed that all 40 GB was still located in $recycle.bin as well as everything I have deleted since then.


Now, I know it takes a while for files to be overwritten on SSD’s, but I do write quite a lot to my SSD, and TRIM has ran since then. Is this normal behaviour, or is there a problem with my $recycle.bin file?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...