Thursday, June 13, 2019

Tool/method to reformat filenames




I get lots of files from a variety of sources whose names I need to clean up for safe consumption on the web. Specifically, I want to change all the letters to lowercase and replace all spaces with dashes.


In other words, I want to convert


This is a file that NEEDS conversion.txt


to


this-is-a-file-that-needs-conversion.txt


And I'd like to do it in the most painless way possible. A tool that I can add to my right-click context menu would be ideal. I would prefer a Windows solution, but I have Ubuntu available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...