Sunday, June 9, 2019

windows 10 - How do I get rid of the Malwarebytes Premium trial?


I've used Malwarebytes for years, when wanting to do a scan for viruses. I use the free version, running it manually when I want to. My wife recently performed an AV scan using Malwarebytes when something suspicious was going on with my PC and I wasn't there. Apparently she choose the Premium trial. I don't want the Premium version, so I uninstalled it. I thought that would take care of it.


And I was wrong.


I installed the free version - making certain that it was the free version, from MalwareBytes' website. The instant I got into it, it immediately popped up the message, "Your Premium trail expires in 3 days". I do not want this at all.


I'm sure some will say, "Hey, just wait 4 days and its gone." Well, remember what I said about my wife pressing the wrong button when running it? This PC is used by all members of my family - I have to be certain that no one else comes along and selected the "Upgrade Now" button.


So, how do I get rid of this Premium trial for good?


Answer



Just do the following:




  1. Open Malwarebytes interface


  2. Click on Settings, and click on ‘My Account’ tab and click ‘Deactivate Premium Trial’




enter image description here




  1. When you click ‘Yes,’ Premium trial will be converted to free version, information displayed by My Account tab confirms the following:




  • Edition: Malwarebytes Free


  • Status: Always free


  • Expiration date: Never expires.





Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...