Saturday, June 29, 2019

Windows 10 latest insider builds crashes when save file or browse file

In recent insider builds, lots of desktop apps crashes upon saving a file or browse for a file. The error is something as below




Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA166E134D (shell32.dll) in Xamarin Workbooks.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF8B.


Now I am using the Build 15063.14 with latest updates. This is really really frustrating as I cannot attach a file as attachment in outlook.com with Google Chrome or save a workbook in Xamarin Workbooks.



This error happens on both my machines which both run insider builds

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...