Tuesday, October 30, 2018

windows - Caps Lock only works for certain letters?

A very weird problem. For the letters a, o, s, and u, caps lock leaves them lowercase; it works for every other letter. I noticed it 3 weeks after getting the computer; I have a 1-year warranty. Any idea what this could be?




  • It happens in every program I have tried (word, notepad, chrome, and native windows 10 interfaces).


  • It also happens with the on-screen keyboard.



  • The shift key also has (a variant of) the same problem: after pressing any of the "cursed" keys, sometimes ALL keys will start being lower case.


  • It is fixed by making a new user (only for the new user)!


  • Disabling the program "autohotkey" which I installed does nothing.


  • Updating key/mouse drivers does nothing.




Specs:
Lenovo Yoga 900 with 512GB ram & intel i7-6500u, 16GB ram. Windows 10 home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...