Sunday, October 28, 2018

windows 7 - Microsoft Office slows down computer


I've noticed that if I leave a document open for a couple days (i.e., in word or excel) when I log into my computer, it is running very slow. It has happened on the past couple computers I have worked on, but couldn't really pinpoint the problem.


At the end of the day, instead of saving everything closing out and logging off... I just save my document and lock the computer with ctrl+alt+del. The next day I come in, everything seems to be working as it should. Then usually on day 3 of the document being open, I notice my computer is very laggy until I close out of my document.


What in the world would be causing that?


Answer



Different things can cause sluggishness. Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to check whether word.exe or excel.exe display abnormally high RAM or CPU usage or disk access. Perhaps the problem lies somewhere else entirely.


Also, it would be helpful if you gave some more details, like your computer's specs, any anti-malware programs running in the background, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...