Saturday, October 20, 2018

windows 10 - Win 10 Wake Timer works only when put to sleept with "sleep" button but not with sleep.bat

cmd' file to put my computer to sleep:


rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

If I run the 'sleep.cmd' file the computer goes to sleep and I can wake it up by pressing a key on the keyboard or clicking the mouse.


BUT:
Wake Timers do not work anymore:
enter image description here


If I put the computer to sleep with 'start menu -> Power -> Sleep '
then the same wake timer I set with the Windows Task Scheduler works.


Does someone know if I have to change my command in the 'sleep.cmd' file or if I can add another command that I am maybe missing that also wake timers can wake up ?


WAKE ON LAN works with both ways ( 'sleep' Button in StartMenu and 'sleep.cmd' file )

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...