Tuesday, October 30, 2018

laptop - Keyboard not working after replacement?


Not really sure how to troubleshoot the keyboard not working after replacing it on my Latitude E5520.


The mouse works (from the keyboard), the backlights are on, just no keys. Actually they have registered a couple times but in general not working. What is the next step?


Note: I noticed that when I hit a key it turns my computer out of power saving mode. So it seems the keystrokes are registered yet no keys can be typed.


Second Note: Plugged in USB keyboard. It worked until Windows 7 loaded. Then nothing.


Answer



Talked to Dell. They basically said that everything had to be installed correctly for me to get the functionality that I had. And it was either a bad connection from the keyboard input module or just the entire keyboard itself - so new keyboard was defective. Took a keyboard out of another Dell we had laying around and it worked fine with same connection ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...