Wednesday, October 10, 2018

linux - How to make partition in windows 8 hard disk?



I have a 1TB hard disk with windows 8.1 running on it. I want to create a partition(preferably of the size around 20 GB) from my C drive to install a linux Operating System along with windows(Dual boot). It says it has 56.2 GB in the computer window.
But when I go to the hard disk partition wizard, I am only able to shrink 801MB max. I already went through the defragmentation process with no help.
If this question is a duplicate then please redirect it.


Answer



If @Ramhounds approach does not work, you could use Linux for this.


A tool to use would be the Gparted live CD (it can also be used as a usb stick).


Please be aware that you should reboot Windows twice after resizing.


PS: all these operations can damage your data, which should be backed up before


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...