Saturday, October 20, 2018

Create a custom Windows 7 install ISO


I regularly format my system and perform a fresh install of Windows 7. Yet the most annoying thing is having to install every update and reinstall all my programs.


I've been trying to find out how I could create an ISO of my fresh system, so that I can load that instead of having to go through all the hassle to install every update/program. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any methods. Has anyone else tried to do this?


Answer



This is called taking an image of your system at a specific point (for example, fresh install, main programs and drivers on).



Click on Start go to Getting Started and then select Back up your
files.


Next click on the Create a system image hyperlink.


Decide where you want to save the image. You can choose an external
drive, burn to multiple DVD’s, or store it on a network location.


You can include other drives if you want as well but remember that
will add to the size of the final image.


At the confirmation screen notice the amount of space the image may
take. If something doesn’t look right you can still go back from this
point and make adjustments.


A progress meter is displayed while the images is created and backed
up. In this example a disk of about 15GB in size took under 20 minutes
backed up to an external drive. Times will vary depending on your
system and where you’re backing it up to.


After the process is complete you get the option to create a system
repair disc which you should do and make sure to save it in a secure
location.


When it comes time to restore the image, you will be able to use the
System Recovery Options to get the system back.



Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...