Thursday, October 11, 2018

windows xp - How do I find out which processes are causing the most disk activity?


I am hoping to find a way to do more performance monitoring--specifically, I hope that monitoring disk activity on a per-process basis will help me decide which programs are causing the most trouble (aside from the AV). I'd rather avoid a shotgun approach.


For windows XP, is there a process monitor that can give me a solid idea of which processes are slowing me down by causing the most page faults, etc? Thanks!


Answer



Perhaps enabling the I/O reads and writes in the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc). When looking at the processes in task manager select View then Select Columns. Look for the I/O read optiona nd I/O write option and click them.


This is what I get:


alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...