Thursday, October 18, 2018

Google Chrome is autofilling a previous search when google.com loads


I'm seeing a strange issue on Google Chrome across two computers (one Windows, one Mac).


Whenever a Google site includes a search box, such as on the search results page or even Google Calendar, Chrome is autofilling a previous search term. This triggers Google instant search and displays the results from that search.


It's not happening in Incognito mode, which makes sense. I've tried clearing my cache and form fill entries.


I do use LastPass, but I can't recall ever seeing it cause anything like this.


Any suggestions?


Answer



Had the same problem - check out the below links. There was a saved search under my google lastpass entry, under the "Edit Form Fields" options. Good luck!


https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=127655


https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/password-manager-basics/adding-a-site/editing-an-existing-site-entry/#Automatically+Saved+Sites


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...