Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Cannot format USB-drive, corrupt?


I have a USB drive that I think is broken because all the files on it keeps getting corrupt. So I tried to format it and see if it helps. But just before the format is done I get an error that the drive could not be formatted.


Is the USB-drive broken or should I just make a quick format?


Answer



USB drives are cheap. Is it really worth putting your faith in a drive that has already shown signs of unreliability?


It does sound like the drive is toast, but even if there are things you could do to potentially "fix" it, it's safer to just get a new one than to risk your data all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...