Thursday, October 11, 2018

Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V Manager Missing


I have the full release version of Win10 Pro (64bit) as a fresh install to a laptop that I previously used as a Hyper-V server running Win8.1 Pro.


I have selected to install all Hyper-V features from Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. This prompted a reboot which was done with no errors reported. If I now view the "Windows Features" dialog then I can see the "Hyper-V" checkbox and child check boxes are all ticked. However, when I search for "Hyper-V" from the search toolbar I can see no sign of Hyper-V manager. Anyone know a way around this problem?


Answer



Windows search seems to have some problems indexing sometimes in Windows 10. Is the file actually installed? Check %windir%\System32\virtmgmt.msc and see if the file exists and if the snap-in will launch for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...