Monday, October 22, 2018

windows 7 - "svhost(netsvc)" is using about 40-80% CPU when the system starts

My CPU usage is constantly at 40% (maximum 95%) most of the time when I start my PC. It continues to work at this rate for about 15-25 minutes.



I checked the performance monitor and found out that there is a service "svhost(netsvc)" which consumes all the CPU. When I suspend it, the system becomes unresponsive.



What can I do? All the other tasks like Windows Media Player etc. become slower, and I even experience audio corruption due to this heavy system usage.



I'm using Windows 7 64bit on 4GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 CPU, with a DG41TY motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...