Friday, October 26, 2018

hard drive - Dropped WD External Harddisk, now it's shown as "Not initialized"

So, the WD my passport external harddisk is dropped, and after that, the computer is unable to read it anymore. I was hopping if I can just find another case to try if the harddisk is still readable, but looks like the hard drive itself is not a normal SATA or PATA drive. I think it's modified. So, I can't find another case that I can try on.


In the computer, I still can see the drive in the "Disk Management", but it's shown as Uninitialized, no size, and no drive letter.


enter image description here


I've also tried a couple of recovery tools. Some can't detect at all, there is one (find and mount software) that can detect but shows 0 size. None of them can recover the data.


WD is willing to replace it with a new one, but I still need to recover the data. Any way I can recover the data?


UPDATE:
I tried initialized it from the windows Disk Manager, but it give error "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...